Alanna and Cambria anxiously awaiting the feast.
After a wonderful dinner, the grandchildren acted out the nativity while Mark read the story with carols being sung at the appropriate place in the story. It was wonderful. Last year Mark read the account of the Savior's birth over Skype while it was acted out at Shannon's house. This was much better actually being there. I am not much into this long distance thing.

The boys patiently waiting for their turn at opening presents. Be patient Jim, Brigham, Ty, Tucker, and Matt. Your turn will be coming soon.
Jaimee and Ryanne await their gifts.
More lovely granddaughters to give me hugs. Me with Jaimee, Ryanne, Kylee and Tori.After the grandchildren all open their presents, it's time for the adults to play the number game for a chance to open their presents. As luck would have it, out of 13 I drew #12. By the time it gets to the last few people some of the favorite gifts have already been claimed by the person who has had them in their possession three times. But do you know what, it never really matters what gift you end up with. We have so much fun just being together and enjoying one another's company. I think that Mark and I appreciated it more this year than we ever have because of not being able to be with everyone last year. All in all, we had a wonderful wonderful time. I think the best ever!
This has to have been one of my very favorite Christmas Eve's and you can see from the picture the reason why.
Merry Christmas from our family to you and yours.
Merry Christmas from our family to you and yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment